Overview of the Change of Appraisal Notice Process
In order for a current use record to be eligible for inclusion in a change of appraisal batch your local review must be complete. When generating the notices and certificate of mailing you may choose to create notifications for all enrolled current use records, or just those that have values that differ from last year.
Step 1: Navigate to the Grand List Management Module
Select change of Appraisal Notices & Grievance.
Step 2: Create a New Notice
Click the Blue Add Button To begin
- Add: The add button will allow you to create new change of appraisal notices
- Current Use Allocation: Select this option to generate change of appraisal notices for only records whose values have changed for this year.
- Current Use Allocation - All: Select this option to generate change of appraisal notices for all enrolled current use records.
Step 3: Edit your Response Text
Note: "Response Text" is the text that will appear at the bottom of each notice and instruct your residents on how to contact you for more information.
- Description: Add a brief description of your change of allocation for example - "first run".
- Response Text: PVR has provided sample text that will appear at the bottom of your change of allocation notices. PLEASE LOOK FOR TEXT IN BRACKETS THAT NEEDS TO BE UPDATED WITH YOUR LOCAL INFORMATION. You can edit this text later if your forget.
- Save: Click save to create your notifications.
Step 4: View Notices or Edit Notification Info
- Action Button: Click the action button to access options for that group of notifications
- Edit Notificatoin Info: This will alllow you to edit the response text and notice description. Use this if you forgot to edit the response text when creating the notices. If you re-run the report the text will be updated.
- View Notices: This will allow you to print your certificate of mailing and change of allocation notices in bulk or individually.
Step 5: Print All Notices
- Reports Dropdown: Click the reports dropdown and select either Mailing Labels (PDF) or Print All (PDF) to print your change of allocation notices.
- Change of Appraisal Info: This will show how many change of appraisal notices have been generated, and the date the notice was created.
Step 6: Print Individual Notices
- Search All: Click the reports dropdown and select either Mailing Labels (PDF) or Print All (PDF) to print your change of allocation notices.
- Individual Search: This will show how many change of appraisal notices have been generated, and the date the notice was created.
- Actions Button (Print Notices and Edit Information): Clicking on the actions menu will allow you to print an individual notice, or add notes and status to the notice.