The abatement form reports the amount of School General Fund and School Special Education taxes abated by property.
Selecting the PT-100 form in the form group table will bring the user to the abatement index page as shown below.
On the index page the user can add new abatements by selecting the blue "Add" button in the upper right hand corner of the page. After selecting the "Add" button the user will be taken to the Add/Edit abatement page as shown below.
To add an abatement the user must enter the following information:
- School District: Select the school district that the property is located in. (Required Field)
- Classification: Select the classification for the property. (Required Field)
- Parcel ID: Enter the identification number of the parcel. (Required Field)
- Abatement Reason: Enter the Abatement Reason from the list of acceptable reasons. (Required Field)
- Comments: Enter any comments that are relative to the abatement.
- School General: Enter the amount of school general fund taxes abated for this parcel. (Required Field)
- School Special Education: Enter the amount of school special ed. fund taxes abated for this parcel. (Required Field)
- Total: Calculated total taxes abated.
To save your information and recalculate the Total taxes due, select the green "Save" button. To Save your information and return to the index page, select the green "Save and Return" button. To cancel, select the yellow cancel button.
To access a record that has already been created, select the record on the index page as shown below.
Once you are on a selected record you can update information and save, or Delete the record by selecting the red "Delete" button in the bottom right hand corner.
To submit your abatements, select the blue "Complete" button in the bottom right hand corner of the page. After selecting the button a confirmation window will appear. Selecting Yes will mark the form as Pending Certification.
REMEMBER TO COMPLETE THE ABATEMENT CERTIFICATION TASK TO SUBMIT YOUR DATA TO DOR.