Notes/Industry Specific Information
Selecting the CAB-05R Summary record in the Form Group table will take the user to the Summary of Personal Prop (Regulated) Summary Index page. The index page is the location where all assets can be viewed, assets can be added, edited and removed. The page also contains the functions to complete your individual filing and launch the available reports.
To add a new asset, select the blue “Add” button at the top left of the table. The user will be taken to the Add Asset page which will allow information to be entered per asset. Note that the required fields are marked with a red asterisk. Once the required data is entered, select the blue next button.
- District: Combination of County and Tax District
- Account: Account Number as reported in your FERC or REA report
- Description: User entered description of asset
- Purchase Date: Original purchase date of asset
- Original Cost: Original cost of asset
- Accumulated Depreciation: User entered accumulated depreciation of asset (cannot go below industry floor)
For assets that require a location, the user must provide at least one of the location information sections to constitute a valid filing. The location information sections are:
- PLSS Information: The PLSS Section, Township, Range and Survey (optional)
- Subdivision: The subdivision name and lot number for parcels in subdivided areas
- Latitude and Longitude: The x and y location of the asset or parcel centroid
- County Parcel Identification: The UPC and Account number (RNumber, Owner Number) of the parcel or parcel where the asset is located
- Situs Address: The street address where asset is located (or of the parcel)
Note that for each location section, all required fields must be provided. If you are unable to locate your property, select the checkbox at the top of the page (this will disable the location requirements). Once the required data is entered, select the blue next button.
If an asset is leased, please enter the name and contact information of the property owner in the Contact form. If the property is owned by the rendition filer, select the checkbox (Contact is same as the Rendition Filer) which will disable the requirement to complete the section. Select the blue next button to complete the Add Asset process (user will be returned to the CAB-04R Index).
To edit an asset, select the record in the CAB-05R Index page table. The user will be taken to the Edit Asset page which contains four tabs: (1) Valuation, (2) Location, (3) Contact, (4) History.
The edit asset-valuation page tab contains the information that is being used to calculate the property value. Note that all fields on the page can be edited except for the Property Value field (which is calculated).
The edit asset-location tab contains the location information that was entered for the asset. The user can edit the information entered, or provide additional information.
The edit asset-contact tab contains the information that was entered for the asset property owner. The user can edit the information entered or provide additional information.
Edit Asset-HistoryThe edit asset-history tab contains the history of submissions and values for the asset. There is no information to edit in this interface.
To delete an asset from the CAB-05R index, select the record in the record table (if not already selected). On the bottom left-hand corner of the edit asset-valuation tab is a red Delete button. Selecting the button will trigger a modal window to confirm the deletion.
Completing a filing indicates that it is ready for submission (which is completed through the certification task). Once all forms within a form group are marked complete, the form group can be submitted. To complete a filing, select the white and blue Complete button. A modal window will appear to confirm your action. Selecting yes will mark the form complete, selecting no will return you to the form.