MS-1 Changes for the 2019 Legislative Session
The following new Credits & Exemptions have been added to the MS-1 interface and to the MS-1 report:
- The combat service tax credit (RSA 72:28-c) has been added
- The low-income housing tax credit program (RSA 75:1-a) has been added
- The commercial/industrial new construction exemption (RSA 72:76-78 or RSA 72:80-83) has been added
With the addition of those fields, two new lines will appear on the Summary - Totals interface and on the report:
- Line 21D: Less Commercial/Industrial Construction Exemption
- Line 21E: Net Valuation Adjusted to Remove TIF Retained Value and Comm/Ind Construction
The MS-1 XML import process has been updated to address the additions. Users do not need to make any changes to their MS-1 XML export as the CAMA system vendors are responsible for updating their software to add the new fields (See: MS-1 XML Schema Documentation).
If you started your 2019 MS-1 or imported 2019 MS-1 data prior to this update, you must delete your in-progress MS-1 and re-start the process to see and use the new credits/exemptions.