This article is for vendors who maintain software that allows users to export MS-1 data for import into the Web Portal. If you are a regular user looking for help with the MS-1 process, please visit this link.
The MS-1 and MS-1V forms (Summary Inventory of Valuation for Municipalities and Village Districts, respectively) which were formerly distributed as a single dynamic PDF have now been phased out. The MS-1 and MS-1V will now be completed through the NHDRA's Assessment Web Portal. The portal allows users to import an XML file containing the MS-1 data. This article provides documentation necessary for vendors and developers to produce that XML file. We encourage vendors to submit sample XML files to Axiomatic for review and testing.
The latest schema and utility list can be found at the bottom of this article.
Schema Changes for 2021
The MS-1 contains fields supporting one new exemption and expanding the data collected for an exemption that was previously added in 2020:
- Electric Energy Storage Systems (RSA 72:85)
- Renewable Generation Facilities and Electric Energy Systems (RSA 72:87)
|Field Description||Element XML Path||Notes|
|Renewable Gen: Total Granted||[Root].RenewableGen19B.TotalGranted||Integer|
|Renewable Gen: Assessed Valuation||[Root].RenewableGen19B.AssessedValuation||Whole dollar amount|
|Electric Energy Storage: Adopted||[Root].ElectricEnergySystems.Adopted||Yes (1) or No (0)|
|Electric Energy Storage: Properties||[Root].ElectricEnergySystems.NumberAdopted||Integer, number of properties|
|Renewable Generation: Adopted||[Root].RenewableGenStorage.Adopted||Yes (1) or No (0)|
|Renewable Generation: Properties||[Root].RenewableGenStorage.NumberAdopted||Integer, number of properties|
Utility Company Naming Convention
The XML import process attempts to match the utility companies in the uploaded XML file against the list of active utility companies maintained by the NHDRA based on the utility company names. While the user is able to review and adjust the imported utility company data prior to finalizing the MS-1, we recommend that reasonable attempts be made to use the NHDRA's list of utility companies. This list is reviewed and updated by the DRA and each year.
Utility Company Changes for 2021
- "SWEETWATER HYDROELECTRIC LLC" has been removed
- "PINETREE POWER - TAMWORTH LLC" is now "STORED SOLAR - TAMWORTH LLC"
- "PINETREE POWER LLC" is now "STORED SOLAR - BETHLEHEM LLC"
- "ANTRIM WIND LLC" is now "ANTRIM WIND ENERGY LLC"
- "FIRSTLIGHT HYDRO GENERATING CO" is now "FIRSTLIGHT MA HYDRO LLC"
- "GENTLE SLOPES SOLAR NORTH" has been added as a valid RSA 72:74 PILT
- "GENTLE SLOPES SOLAR SOUTH" has been added as a valid RSA 72:74 PILT
- "PITTSFIELD EAST SOLAR LLC" has been added as a valid RSA 72:74 PILT
- "PITTSFIELD PARKER SOLAR LLC" has been added as a valid RSA 72:74 PILT
The latest schema and utility list can be found below.