This section of the MS-1 is only applicable to municipalities. It is not displayed for village districts.
At any point during the process of filling out the fields in this tab you can click the button to update the calculated totals on respective tabs and to save your progress, or the to save your progress and return to the MS-1 Landing Page.
For each of the applicable credits on this tab, enter the Amount (the amount granted per individual), the Number of Individuals, and the Estimated Tax Credit.
- Amount (1): the amount adopted by the municipality under RSA 72:28 per credit.
- Number of Individuals (2): the total number of individuals receiving the credit.
- Estimated Tax Credit (3): the total amount given to individuals. This is the actual total amount used for the credits and is not necessarily equal to the maximum allowed.
- Maximum Allowed (4): this is the calculated total maximum that can be given out based on the adopted amount. It is equal to the adopted amount times the number of individuals
Note that the application will check to ensure that the Amount meets the requirements for the credit and that the Estimated Tax Credit is not greater than the calculated Maximum Allowed:
- The Amount cannot be less than the minimum of the exemption granted per RSA.
- The Amount cannot be greater than the maximum of the exemption granted per RSA.
- The Estimated Tax Credit cannot be greater than the calculated Maximum Allowed.
Disabled & Deaf
For the Disabled Exemption Report and for the Deaf Exemption Report, please enter both the Single and Married Income Limit and Asset Limit (the order of these fields is slightly different from the PDF forms used in prior years).
The total number of granted exemptions for Blind and Deaf individuals is entered on the Optional Exemptions section of the Summary tab (see: Summary).
In each age group, include the number of First Time Filers (1). Then, enter the total number (2) of individuals granted exemption for the current tax year, the Amount per Individual (3), and the Total Actual Exemption Granted (4).
As you enter values, you may click "Save & Recalculate" at any time to display the Max Allowable (5) value, which is the product of the Number of Individuals multiplied by the Amount per Individual.
Clicking the recalculate button will also update the Total (6) of all individuals in all age groups, the total of all amounts per individual, and the total of all max allowable.
For each age group, the Total Actual Exemption Granted cannot exceed the Maximum Allowable.
Then, at the bottom of the page enter both the Single and Married Income Limit and Asset Limit (7).
You must answer each of the questions.
- (1) Indicate whether the Community Tax Relief Incentive was adopted. If yes, please enter the number of Structures (if applicable).
- (2) Indicate whether the Taxation of Qualifying Historic Buildings was adopted. If yes, please enter the number of Properties (if applicable).
- (3) Indicate whether the Taxation of Certain Chartered Public School Facilities was adopted. If yes, please enter the number of Properties (if applicable).