Entity, Associated Entity, Tax Year Dropdowns
This section of the page contains three drop-down menus that allow the user to select the entity, associated entities (if any), and tax year for which they would like to view information.
The majority of users will only have one entity associated with their account. In that case the user will not have the option to select a different entity. Users whom have multiple entities associated with their account (large SAU’s, village districts, etc.) will be able to toggle among them by using the Entity drop-down menu.
Associated Entity Selection
Users will be able to see the status of other entities that are associated with them for the tax rate setting process. To view associated entities select the entity on the Associated Entities drop-down menu. To return to your primary entity select the “Associated Entities” value on the drop-down menu.
Users can toggle between tax years to view current and historical information. Data from previous years is read-only and cannot be edited.
The Advisor Information can be found on the top right of the Home page. It displays your Advisor's name, phone number, and email.
The status checklist is a summary of the mandatory steps or stages of the Tax Rate Setting Process. The list is presented in a linear, dependent order. For example, the “Pre-Review step” must be completed prior to the “Appropriations Review” step. The top checklist (1) is the list of documents and information that must be submitted to the DRA in order to set the tax rate for the entity. The bottom checklist (2) is the steps involved in the setting of the final tax rate. Note that the items on the list and/or the sections will change based on the type of entity or associated entity the user has selected. For example, school districts will not have the second, lower checklist and will have a reduced number of items in the top checklist.
Below is a further description of each item on the checklist.
Forms and Documents
The Documents and Forms table, visible at the bottom of the home screen, shows a summary of all required documents and forms for the entity that the user has selected. The documents and forms are organized into four categories, each with their own tab: Budget Forms, Financial Forms, Administrative Forms, and Other Documents. Each of these tabs can be sorted, ascending or descending, by clicking any of the column headers. The search function will examine the text in each column, allowing you to filter for documents by Document Name, Due Date, Status, Submitted Date, or Approval Date. The number of visible entries can be controlled with the dropdown in the upper left corner of the table (options are 10, 25, 50, or 100 entries per page). You can navigate to other pages of results (if needed) using the buttons in the lower right corner of the table.
See also viewing reports, uploading documents.
The Budget Home page is where you will draft new warrant articles or resolutions, view existing articles, and complete the submission of both your proprosed budget and later your voted appropriations. Its appearance will change slightly between the two phases.
The Budget Drafting Phase
Prior to the submission of the proposed budget, your Budget Home will have a red bar at the top indicating that you are in the drafting process and will display a table of your drafted warrant articles (including the Default Budget article, if applicable).
The list of articles can be searched or sorted and the number of entries shown can be controlled (See: Common Functionality). The table has the following columns:
- Actions: Clicking the red or orange icon (/) will allow you to view and edit the article. The other icons indicate the pre-review status (See: The Pre-Review Process).
- Number: the warrant article number that you have assigned.
- Category: the category that was selected when the article was created.
- Type: the type that was selected when the article was created.
- Purpose: The purpose assigned to the warrant article.
- Raise Amount: The total appropriations amount for the article.
- Offset Amount: The total offsetting revenues amount for the article:
- Status: indicates the draft status of the article. Prior to submitting the proposed budget, all warrant articles will have "draft" status. Only the Default Budget (if present) will show "final" to indicate that it has been finalized.
- Raise/Offset Match: Indicates if the total appropriations and total revenues that you have entered for the article match the amounts that you have assigned to the account codes (See: Editing Warrant Articles).
The buttons at the bottom of this page allow you to take several actions. Some of them will not be visible until you have created warrant articles.
- Create Warrant: create a new warrant article or resolution (See: Creating Warrant Articles).
- Import Prior-Year: this button allows you to import all of your articles from the previous year and is only visible when you have no drafted articles in the system; it is not shown in the image above. (See: Importing Prior-Year Articles)
- View/Calculate Budget: view your proposed budget and prior-year values and continue to finalize/submit the proposed budget (See: Submitting the Proposed Budget).
- Request Pre-Review: notify your advisor that you are ready for a pre-review of the drafted articles (See: The Pre-Review Process).
- View Budget Report: view a draft version of your proposed budget report.
- Default Budget: view and make adjustments to the default budget if applicable (See: Creating a Default Budget).
The Appropriations Phase
WA table + column/icon explanations.
See also Revenue Review, MS-535 Review.
See also viewing reports, saving reports, printing reports.
Not available to non-administrators
See also adding, editing users, user profile page.